“I am only one, but still I am one.
I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.
And because I cannot do everything,
I will not refuse to do the something I can do.”

Edward Everett Hale

Friday 18 August 2023

New Every Morning

I loved this week's quotation, by German philosopher, Ernst R. Hauschka: "Every morning offers the chance of a whole day." Which was accompanied by a picture of a glorious sunrise...



And I have blogged before about the joy which can come from living in the present, here. So Hauschka's words really resonated with me. But I know that I am one of the lucky ones, having so much in my life to be joyful about.

Yet I do understand that sometimes, it can be difficult to appreciate that each and every morning offers the chance to start anew. We may not have slept well, we may be feeling ill or depressed or anxious or sad. Or simply under par. For whatever reason, when we feel like this, the promise of a whole day may not mean very much. Or may even be greeted with negative feelings, as strong as dread. It may be as much as we can do to haul ourselves out of bed in the first place. All we want to do is stay there and shut the world away, rather than having to face the challenges of a new day.

If you are feeling like this, and are perhaps reading this post on your phone while lying in bed trying to psych yourself up into facing the day, I send you a virtual hug. Self-care is incredibly important, so please, give yourself permission to only do what you can, where you are, and don't beat yourself up for not being able to do more.





 


1 comment:

  1. friend, Jesus is not the 2nd person of a triune god, but He is Almighty God Himself. For that which is begotten of the SPIRIT (father) is that same SPIRIT (son) and not a separate entity John 3.6

    father/son is a SPIRITUAL constellation of ONE ALMIGHTY GOD being in heaven and on earth at the same time reconciling the world back to Himself. 2 Sam 7 14…

    It is vital that you believe in the LOVE of God His SELF sacrifice, not a selfish sacrifice of a literal father sending his literal son to be sacrificed.

    May the Everlasting Father Jesus bless you
    Ps you can reach me on YT under “faithful servant serving”

    ReplyDelete