“I am only one, but still I am one.
I cannot do everything, but still I can do something.
And because I cannot do everything,
I will not refuse to do the something I can do.”

Edward Everett Hale

Sunday 23 June 2019

Feeling Blessed

We are just home from a week's holiday in mid-Wales. The weather started off grey and overcast, but finished up with blue skies and sunshine. Here is my favourite beach in the late afternoon...


Benar Beach

We got up late, had leisurely breakfasts, then headed out to explore this beautiful part of Wales. Dolgoch Falls, Portmeirion, Harlech Castle (and the wonderful ice cream shop just below it), the Panorama Walk above Barmouth, and Bodnant Gardens. We ate some fabulous meals, and relaxed each evening, either playing some hilarious games of pool or watching DVDs together.


Dolgoch Falls

Each day was different, each day was wonderful. Full of wonder. Two things made this holiday special: the people I was with (husband, daughter and daughter's fiancé) and the fact that I let go of "ought to" and "need to" and simply went with the flow. Whatever we did, wherever we went, I tried to be present and full of wonder and joy and gratitude.

I think that this week has been a lesson for me in the gentle art of being present. Of having no particular goal in mind. Of simply being.

Consequently, I feel blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment